For a Builder entering into a Building Contract with a Homeowner, it is a long-term, expensive commitment. It should then make sense to have a professional spend some time reviewing that Building Contract and provide advice before you sign. This way, you are able to familiarise yourself with the Building Contract and the general building procedure.
If you are a Builder who is new to the Building Industry or perhaps you have years of experience, we can still provide advice to you on major issues, including :-
- What Contract you should use and for which building project;
- If you have a current Contract, do the Clauses adhere to the Home Building Act 1989?;
- The fundamental components of the Contract which should be included;
- Practice and procedure i.e. how variations should be issued;
- Clarification as to when documents conflict;
- Relying on Engineers’ Designs.
Here at Adams & Partners Lawyers, we can provide consultation to help answer any questions and explain the Building Contract as well as provide written advice so you can keep referring to it. Please contact Atul Singh or Daniela Ceccattini to review your Building Contract and provide advice.
Written by Daniela Ceccattini.