You may be exempt from paying transfer duty after a relationship break-up.

To apply for the exemption, you must be able to provide to Revenue NSW a Court Order made under the Family Law Act 1975 or a termination agreement (commonly known as a Binding Financial Agreement).

The exemption applies to both married couples and couples that were in de facto or domestic relationships.

Our family law department can assist you with the preparation of either the Court Order or Binding Financial Agreement.

Once the Court Order or Binding Financial Agreement is finalised, our friendly conveyancing team can assist you with the family law transfer, this will include sending the transfer in for assessment at Revenue NSW.

If you would like any further information regarding the above, please contact our office on 02 4721 6200.

Written by Megan Johnson.

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top