You can make contact with a Lawyer when someone dies before the Funeral and they can guide you of your next steps however you will not be able to deal with any assets until you have received the Death Certificate from Births, Deaths & Marriages.

You need to ascertain what the assets and liabilities of the deceased are, and the Lawyer can advise if a Grant of Probate is required.

Grant of Probate is required when the deceased owns a property solely in their name or as Tenants in Common with another person and each Bank have their own limits before they require a Grant of Probate.

If you have any questions, please contact our friendly Wills and Estates team on 02 4721 6200.


Written by Lyn Clark

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top