Building & Construction

Building Disputes with Home Owners or Builders

Home Owners If you get into a building dispute with your Builder, prior to making an application in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (“NCAT”), you are required to attempt to resolve your dispute with the Builder through NSW Fair Trading. NSW Fair Trading (“Fair Trading”) will then attempt to mediate your dispute. The first …

Building Disputes with Home Owners or Builders Read More »

Client Involvement in the Building Works

Peter Adams
Peter Adams, the Managing Director of Adams & Partners lawyers has been associated with the HIA since 1983. Peter is currently a Panel solicitor for the HIA and recently was asked to give a talk at the HIA Home Show at Darling Harbour on the 16th May 2013 on Client Involvement in the building work. The following is a brief summary of what was spoken about and if you would like the full paper please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Calderbank Offers

Calderbank Offers: Removing the Problem of Disproportionate Costs Orders Following a building dispute, it is common for the negligent party to submit a “Calderbank offer” to the plaintiff. A “Calderbank offer” provides a financial or other incentive to the plaintiff to settle outside of the court system.

Scroll to Top