Admittedly, Wills and Estate Planning isn’t a particularly inspiring topic. That being said however, it is an important matter to consider – if not for yourself, then for your loved ones or those you leave behind.
We at Adams & Partners Lawyers believe that no matter where you are in life, it is best that you take a look at Will every once in a while.
Generally, you should review your Will:
- When a major event happens, like a birth or death in the family
- When you purchase or sell a major asset like a house or a business
- When you get married or divorce your partner
- Otherwise, every 5 years or so.
But that’s not all. You should also consider and plan whether you need to put together:
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Enduring Guardianship
- Superannuation Death Benefits binding nominations
- Advanced Medical Directives
If you own your own business or have a trust, you should also have a closer look at those too, or at least ask the question of what happens to them when something happens to you.
If you need any help with the above, give the team at Adams & Partners Lawyers a call and we will sort you out. We also have relationships with a number of financial planners who can look at your estate and give you some advice about how you can plan for your family’s future.