Beginning a relationship can be a time of great excitement. Ending a relationship is a time of great confusion.
- Do you know where you stand?
- Can you protect property you contributed to the relationship in the event the relationship breaks down?
- How is property divided at the end of a relationship?
- Where will the children live and what time will they spend with the other parent?
- Do I have to pay child support? How much will I pay or receive?
- What options are available to resolve any dispute that develops? Do I have to go to Court?
- Do I have the same rights if we weren’t married?
- What do I do if DOCS removes my children?
Why Use APL?
We have a team of five solicitors practising solely in the field of Family Law with proven experience.
Our dedicated team of family law professionals can help with any issue which might arise when you begin or end a relationship. Whether you are married, living with your partner in a de-facto or same sex relationship, about to live together for the first time, recently separated or have concerns about your children we can offer you proven experience to protect your rights.
Our Family Law solicitors can:
- Advise you on your rights and the rights of your children
- Advise you on your rights to property during a separation
- Organise, prepare and conduct negotiation, mediation or Court hearings
- Assist you on an urgent basis (i.e. the recovery of your children or obtaining urgent court orders to restrict the sale of property)
We also have the flexibility of meeting with you in our Penrith, Parramatta or Sydney offices.
How we can help you
We can help with the full range of issues that arise in family law matters including:
- Property settlements
- Children’s matters
- Child Support
- De-facto relationship matters
- Binding Financial Agreements
- DNA profiling and parentage issues
- Family Dispute Resolution
- Domestic Violence and AVOs
- Victims Compensation
- Child Abduction/Hague Convention matters